We have been working with Umbraco since 2013 and have extensive experience developing websites built with Umbraco, ranging from small business websites to e-commerce and membership websites. We are Umbraco certified as well as being an Umbraco Registered Partner.
You can view our Umbraco Certified Developer profile here:
Why Choose Umbraco?
Umbraco is our preferred CMS and is a fantastic platform for building websites that are easy to use, flexible and fully extensible.
We can help with all aspects of your Umbraco website, including:
- Development of new websites and adding features to existing websites
- Advice and guidance on architecture, design and best practices
- Problem solving, bug fixing, performance issues and upgrades
This website has been built with Umbraco and demonstrates the features and functionality that you can achieve when building a website with Umbraco.
- The website was originally developed in Umbraco 7 and has been upgraded to the latest version of Umbraco 10.
- The code uses a model builder to generate classes that represent the document types in the CMS. This improves code quality and reduces the chance of errors.
- All the pages are cached on the server for a short period of time and shared parts of a page are individually cached to improve page load speed.
- The HTML mark-up of each page is minified to ensure that the output is as small as possible by removing unnecessary mark-up, comments, and whitespace.
- The images are dynamically resized on request to ensure they are the smallest size possible without compromising quality.
- The website runs on HTTPS using an SSL certificate to ensure that all traffic between the browser and the website is secure and encrypted.
- All the recommended security headers have been implemented.
- Each page outputs the meta title and description tags which by default use the page title and text but can be overridden to provide optimised titles and descriptions.
- Each page also outputs the Open Graph tags which is used by social media platforms to provide meta information about embedded links such as an image and description.
- The page titles are output into H1 tags as the main title of the page.
- Additional redirects are implemented to ensure that pages cannot be accessed using alternative URLs which could be interpreted as duplicate content by search engines.
- An XML sitemap has been implemented which is auto generated from the pages on the website.
- A 404 page has been created to return a custom 404 page when a page cannot be found.
- The front end uses minimal third-party libraries to keep the size of included files as small as possible.
- The CSS is built using SASS which is a CSS pre-processor.
- The front end is responsive and works across different devices such as mobile phones, tablets, laptops and desktop computers.
- All images are converted to WebP which are optimized for the web and are smaller than their equivalent JPEG or PNG images.